But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Because of God’s love, we need to confess our sin.
- Do you confess your sin by name? Or, do you generalize?
- Are you willing to give up all sin for God? To live a holy life
1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Because of God’s love, we need to always endeavor to keep our relationship with others free of offenses.
- Do you consistently seek forgiveness from those who you wrong or offend?
- Can you say that your conscience is clear with everyone?
Acts 24:16 – This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.
- Because of God’s love, we need to make sure that all we do, all we say, all we think brings glory to the name of the Lord Jesus.
- Do you love what God loves? Hate what God hates?
- Do you value highly the things that please God?
- Do I forgive others as God has forgiven me?
- Do I value the Word of God, taking time to read/study/absorb the truths in the Word?
- Do I teach and caution others?
- Do I give thanks to God?
Colossians 3:12-17 – Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
- Because of God’s love, we need to be sensitive to the conviction and prompting of God’s Spirit.
- Are you quick to respond to the voice of God?
- Are you willing to seek reconciliation with someone who is offended with you?
Matthew 5:23-24 – Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Titus tells us we have become heirs of God and have the hope of eternal life. As we receive that great love and gift of God, our hearts should be so grateful that we will joyfully and lovingly want to follow God’s Word in all we do, all we think, all we say, all we are.