Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
- Endure temptation – You will be blessed
- Do not give into Satan – You will be blessed
- Do not give into temptation – You will be blessed
- Live a holy, Godly life – You will be blessed
Ephesians 6:11-13 – Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Matthew 4:4 – But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
Matthew 4:7 – Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”
Matthew 4:10 – Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”
2 Timothy 2:22-26 – Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
- Temptations are like a Lay’s potato chip bag…you can’t eat just one!
- Temptations are like a snowball rolling down a hill…it grows and grows and grows more and more when we let it have its way!
- Temptations are like a bag of chocolates when you skipped lunch because you have just gone on a diet!
- Temptations are near impossible to resists…but we are able to resist through the strength which God has given us. Yea God!
- Four steps to temptation
- Final aim of Satan – Eternal torment!
- Seven steps on your Christian journey
- Encounter – Meet the risen Christ
- Receive the engrafted Word of God
- Let the Word be engraved in your heart
- Encourage one another
- Endeavor to keep the peace with all men
- Endure to the end
- Eternal joy with the Lord
- Temptation comes from Satan, your foe, your enemy, your adversary.
- Satan’s purpose is to pervert, corrupt, steal, kill and destroy.
- Temptations were experienced by Adam and Eve, David, Christ, Paul the Apostle, and you will experience temptation…but if you do not yield to those temptations you will be blessed.
1 John 4:4 – …greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world!