1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
- Your position in Christ covers your sin, your failure, your weakness, your frailty.
John 1:6-13 – There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- There is no better position in life than to be His child.
- He does not have grandchildren or step children.
- What are some of your rights as a child of God?
- Translated from one family to another – not a child of wrath any longer.
Ephesians 2:1-3 – And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
- Grafted into the family of God
Ephesians 2:11-13 – Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.
- Called out of darkness into His marvelous light
1 Peter 2:9 – But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
- You are free from all previous family obligations.
- You are no longer the servant of sin
Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- You are no longer the servant of poverty
Philippians 4:19 – And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- You are no longer the servant of sickness
1 Peter 2:24 – Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- You are no longer the servant of helplessness
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- You have the rights and privileges of the new family.
- The blood of Jesus
Hebrews 9:22 – And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
- The name of Jesus
Philippians 2:10 – That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.
James 4:7 – Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- The Word of God
Luke 11:28 – But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
1 Thessalonians 2:13 – For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when you received the word of God which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually works also in you that believe.
Romans 10:17 – For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when you received the word of God which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually works also in you that believe.
- The Holy Spirit
Acts 1:8 – But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.
- In the Covenant made with God and you when you accepted Christ, you have every provision you need.
- God is able to do so much with so little.
- A boy’s lunch fed 5000 hungry people
- Short prayer of 63 words by Elijah caused fire to fall from heaven and devour the sacrifice, the wood, the altar, the water and the dirt around the altar
- A cloud the size of a man’s hand produced a great rain
- A small child in a stable looked so helpless and defenseless until He stretched out His arms on the cross and cried out, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”
- Your life totally yielded to God Almighty
Smith Wigglesworth could not even speak publicly as a minister of the Gospel. His wife preached for him in the mission church they had founded. He was tongue-tied, but he was loosed when he received the power of the Holy Spirit in his life. Fourteen people were brought back from the dead through the prayers of this tongue-tied, uneducated preacher.
What can God do through you?
What will you let God do though you?