Jesus said “I AM”
- “I am the living bread.” John 6:51
- “I am the bread of life.” John 6:48
- “I am the good shepherd.” John 10:11
- “I am the light of the world” – John 8:12
- “I am the door of the sheep.” – John 10:7
- “I am the door.” – John 10:9
- “I am the way, the truth and the life.” – John 14:6
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” – Rev. 1:8
- “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.” – Rev 1:18
Who am I: – married, in love with my spouse, talkative, college grad, music lover, gardener
What describes you?
- I am a child of God, heir with Jesus Christ!
Romans 8:12-17 – Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
- I am not ashamed!
Romans 1:16 – For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
2 Timothy 1:12 – For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
- I am redeemed from the hand of the enemy!
Psalm 107:2 – Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy.
- I am forgiven and delivered from the power of darkness!
Colossians 1:13-14 – He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- I am persuaded!
Romans 8:38-39 – For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- I am saved by grace through faith!
Ephesians 2:8 – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.
- I am crucified with Christ – I am alive!
Galatians 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
- I am free!
John 8:37 – Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
- I am a new creature!
2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
- I am more than a conqueror!
Romans 8:37 – Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
- I am what I am by the grace of God!
1 Corinthians 15:10 – But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
- I am my brother’s keeper
Genesis 4: 9 – Am I my brother’s keeper?
Jesus answered that:
Matthew 19:19 – He said you should love your neighbor as yourself.