And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependence upon] His Person, giving praise to God the Father through Him. (Amplified Version – all Scripture is from Amplified Version)
With all your might
- In other words – you cannot be snappy with your fellow Christian if you do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- You cannot be unkind if you do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- You cannot be argumentative if you do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- You cannot be complaining if you do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- You cannot be unmerciful or impatient if you do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- In other words….you must be like Christ.
- As a child of God, born again, redeemed, forgiven, whatever term you want to use that describes an encounter with the risen Lord. An encounter that turns your life around and gives you purpose all performed by the precious blood that flowed from His body on the cross. You have been pulled free from the miry clay of sin, set firm on the solid rock Christ Jesus. You have got to be different because there has been a change in you. You are no longer what you were. You have been changed
I’m free, so free; I’ve life in the Spirit and His spirit in me. I’m rejoicing because, I am not what I was, Thanks to Calvary, I’m free.
IF? THEN SEEK…
Colossians 3:1 – IF THEN you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
ARE YOU SEEKING THINGS ABOVE
Matthew 6:33 – But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
- What things? Things you have need of….not necessarily things you want…things you have need of….your priorities will line up with God’s word if you have truly been changed
Colossians 3:2 – And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
- Set your mind on things above…be who God called you to be
Romans 12:1-2 – I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
- Our minds must be renewed to please God…
- You cannot be thinking unkind, unholy thoughts and please God at the same time.
- You cannot be trying to get even with someone and please God at the same time
- You cannot be worshipping God in the service while you are still angry at your wife or husband.
- You cannot be serving God in newness of life when things are not settled between you and your son…your daughter…your boss….your neighbor
- You have to have a renewing ….a changed mind.
- A changed mind only happens when you have had a changed heart.
- A changed mind only happens when sin departs and Jesus abides.
- A changed mind only happens when you surrender your will to His will.
- A changed mind only happens when you let go of your own selfish desires and let God take control.
- A changed mind only happens when you realize your only hope is Christ
BE WHO GOD CALLED YOU TO BE
Romans 6:14 – For sin shall not [any longer] exert dominion over you, since now you are not under Law [as slaves], but under grace [as subjects of God’s favor and mercy].
- Sin SHALL NOT have dominion over you…
- SHALL NOT
- MUST NOT
- WILL NOT BE ABLE
- The word “shall” shows determination
- Shall – permissive = allows – ok
- The words “shall not” shows the exact opposite of shall
- Shall not – does not permit, does not allow, is not ok
- Sin shall not have…right now, currently…Sin shall not have dominion (force, strength, might, power …manifested power, perfect and complete, shall not) have dominion over you.
BE WHO GOD CALLED YOU TO BE
- Only when you give in to Satan’s power temptation does sin have power over you.
- In other words… you do what you want to do…
I Pet 4:11 – Whoever speaks, [let him do it as one who utters] oracles of God; whoever renders service, [let him do it] as with the strength which God furnishes abundantly, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ (the Messiah). To Him be the glory and dominion forever and ever (through endless ages). Amen (so be it).
Jude 24-25 – Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]—To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it).
James 1:22 – But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
BE WHO GOD CALLED YOU TO BE
- Ask yourself…would Jesus go here, say this, read this, watch this, laugh at this joke, listen to this music, wear these clothes, treat his neighbor this way, do his job this way, go to church this often, spend his money this way?
- Let the presence of Jesus saturate, overflow your life.
- In all you do …be who God called you to be.
- In all you say…be who God called you to be.
- In all you think…be who God called you to be.
- In all that you are…be who God called you to be.