Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path
My Bible tells me what I was:
- A sinner, lost, undone, chained, condemned, bound for hell, bound for separation from God’s love, eternal torment, without hope.
- Dead in sin and trespasses.
- Without hope, eternally lost.
Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
My Bible tells me what I am:
- A blood-bought child of God
- Free from sin
- In right standing with God – In God’s favor
- Changed (not chained)
- Access to all the power of God
- With faith I the redemptive work of God
- I’M SAVED AND I KNOW THAT I AM
Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 6:17-18 – But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
1 Corinthians 1:30 – But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—
Hebrews 10:10 – By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
My Bible tells me what I shall be:
- It tells me what I shall be
- Forever free from temptation
- Forever free from sin
- Reunited with loved ones forever
- With Jesus
- Have a home
John 14:1-3 – Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 – For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.