1 Timothy 1:3-4
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.
- Know what you believe
2 Timothy 2:15 – Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Be a person of prayer
1 Timothy 2:1 – Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.
- Be an example
1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity
- In speech – in all you say, be godly
- In conduct – in all you do, be godly
- In love – in the way you love, be godly
- In spirit – in attitude and behavior – be as God would be
- In faith – always trusting and believing in God’s Word
- In purity – in all areas of life be pure and innocent
- Exhibit positive qualities
1 Timothy 6:11 – But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
- Pursue righteousness – right standing before God
- Pursue godliness – walk according to the Word
- Pursue faith – continue to trust in the things of God
- Pursue love – strongly desire to love as God loves
- Pursue perseverance – be obedient to what is right
- Pursue gentleness – be calm and peaceful toward others
- Continue onward
1 Timothy 6:12 – Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Fight the good fight of faith
- Grasp firmly, lay hold, do not let eternal life slip away
- Maintain your confession of faith, do not give in to sin
- Continue to be a witness of God’s grace