Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
When we go to be with the Lord on that great day of His return, what a difference for us!!!
- We have had trials – God will give us victory
- We have had sickness – God will give us health
- We have had sorrow – God will give us joy
- We have had torment – God will give us peace
- We have had lack – God will give us plenty
- We have had hate – God will give us love
- We have had bondage – God will give us liberty
In Christ, on that day – no more death, sorrow, crying, pain. These are the “former things.” They are gone, gone, forever gone, forever passed away. God will dwell with us. What a thought!
- God dwelt with the Israelites in the Holy of Holies
- God came to dwell with us in bodily form through Jesus
- Now, God will be with us – and we with Him throughout eternity. Forever and ever.
It is done!
The Alpha and Omega – the Beginning and the End – He has accomplished all this for us
- The fountain of the water of life will be given freely. I will never thirst again. My desire will be satisfied.
- He who overcomes shall inherit all things
- Nothing will be lacking
- I will have all things – nothing incomplete
- It’s mine – The King of Kings calls me His son
- I will be a joint heir with Jesus Christ
What an incentive to overcome the world!!!!