- Way to God is very specific.
- Way to God is straight – not bending in purpose or morals.
- Way to God is not a popular one.
John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father, but by Me.’
Acts 4:12 – Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
1 Timothy 2:5-6 – For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all.
- Way to salvation requires effort.
Luke13:24 – Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. (NIV)
Luke 13:24 – Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. (NKJ)
- Must “strive.” Strive (agonizesthe) means “to agonize, to struggle, exert to the fullest, labor fervently.” This does not mean that a person “works” to earn their salvation. That is a free gift of God. It does mean, however, that a person must give whole-hearted, complete commitment to seek God. They cannot allow anyone or anything to take their attention from God and His purpose for their life.
Luke 9:23-26 – He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.
- Just being in church does not make one right with God.
Matthew 7:21 – Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Mark 7:6 – He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.’”
Luke 6:46 – But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?
- Judgment will fall on those who do not find the narrow way.
Matthew 13:30, 49 – Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”” So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just.
Matthew 25:46 – And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
- Those Who Find the Narrow Way Will Come From all Nations, Races, and Classes of People
Matthew 28:19-20 – And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 10:34-35 – Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.