Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
- What profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world?
- What profit is there if I accumulate all of this world’s wealth and fortune and am spiritually lost?
Matthew 6:33 – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matthew 6:19-21 – Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- What profit spiritually/eternally is there in what you are doing right now?
- What profit if you take care that your home is well taken care of with all the comforts you can afford, but neglect neglect giving to the cause of Jesus Christ?
- What profit is there to have money set aside for a rainy day if you neglect giving to help others?
- What profit if you get an “A” or a “B” in your class if you cheat to make that grade?
- What profit if you keep in style with the other kids but fail to obey your parents?
- What profit if you succeed in this life but miss out with God?
1 Corinthians 6:12 – All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
Matthew 7:13-14 – Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Isaiah 55:6 – Seek the Lord while He may be found call upon Him while He is near