Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
- “Our Father” – The Paternal Need: When you pray, all needs are met by the benevolence of a loving Father. This address to the Heavenly Father recognizes your relationship with Him. You must first come on the basis of a relationship secured for you in the atoning work of the blood shed on Calvary’s cross by the One, Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 10:19-22 – Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
- “Hallowed be Your Name – God’s Presence: Enter His presence through praise. You have constant access to God’s throne through praise and worship. Wherever you will praise Him, He will come and establish His rule.
Psalm 100:4 – Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Psalm 22:3 – But You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel.
- “Your kingdom come. Your will be done.” – God’s Priorities: Declare that His kingdom priorities will be established in yourself, your church, your nation. God desires to rule in every situation that concerns us. As you set yourself to first seek His kingdom reign, you will find all that you need and more.
Romans 14:17 – for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 6:33 – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- “Give Us” – God’s Provision: Jesus told us to pray daily, asking Him to supply all our needs. God has already provided to meet our greatest need by sending Jesus to die for us. How much more can we expect Him to meet our daily needs from His vast storehouses of blessings?
Philippians 4:19 – And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- “And forgive us” – God’s Forgiveness: We need God’s forgiveness and we need to forgive others. Daily set your will to walk in love and forgiveness. This step opens the door for a greater flow of God’s grace in our lives, and the Lord will use this to bring freedom to others.
Matthew 6:14-15 – For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- “Do not lead us into temptation…deliver us from the evil one.” – Power Over Satan: Pray a hedge of protection about yourself and your loved ones, and verbally put on the armor of God. Seek to walk in righteousness and the Lord will guide you. Resist the work of Satan, and you will have victory.
Job 1:9-10 – So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
Ephesians 6:14-18 – Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
Psalm 37:23-24 – The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
James 4:7 – Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- “For Yours is the Kingdom” – Divine Partnership: Praise God for sharing His kingdom, power and glory with us. God daily calls us to partner in what He is doing. We can join in His plans by daily walking in open communication and relationship with Him.
2 Timothy 4:18 – And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!
Luke 10:19 – Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
John 17:22 – And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: