Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God. Then all who heard were amazed, and said, “Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?” But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this Jesus is the Christ.
- Immediately – Paul began immediately to preach about the Christ, “The Anointed One.”
- Amazed – “What a change!” Paul was changed because of his own experience in coming face to face with the Anointed One (Acts 9:1-6).
- Increased – Paul was increased in spiritual strength.
- Confounded – Paul perplexed the Jews in Damascus “for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ” (Acts 18:28).
- Immediately – We must begin immediately to serve the Lord – testifying of what He has done in our life.
- Amazed – “What a change!” There should be a change in us – in our reactions, our behavior, our attitude – a change that others will notice and know that there has been a change in us.
- Increased – Where did that knowledge of Paul come from? The same Lord is available to us to increase our knowledge of His grace and His Word.
- Confounded – God will also give us an understanding of His Word – of the message of salvation so that we can share with others.