2 Corinthians 1:18-20
But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me, Silvanus, and Timothy—was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
How do we view our circumstances? Is it rain or shine?
The weather forecast always tells you what the percentage of rain, snow or stormy weather will be for the next day or the next month. Most people usually consider rain, snow or bad weather as a negative. We talk about the 40% chance of rain, but what about the 60% chance of sunshine
1 John 5:12-15 – He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
The promises in His Word establishes, seals us, anoints us and guarantees to us all that He has for us as long as we walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. To be carnal minded is opposed to God’s will.
1 John 5:20 – And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Hebrews 1:12 – Like a cloak You will fold them up, and they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will not fail.”
The message found in these short passages are positive messages from a positive gospel, for His Word is positive. To be anything else is to be negative. There are NO grey areas. His Word is either positive, forever unchanged or it is totally unreliable and untrue and cannot be depended upon. Which is it for you? You have to make up your mind. If it is not reliable and true, then you might as well give up on your faith. Either He really died on the cross for “whosoever believeth” or He did not.
There will always be naysayers. There will always be skeptics and doubters. The Word of God calls that double minded.
Where is my mind when I dwell on “I can’t”, “it’s impossible,” “there’s no way,” “it can’t happen?”
Philippians 4:8 –Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
This passage tells us to dwell on the positive, the good things in life.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Give your doubts to God and believe positive affirmations to what the Word says.
The Old Testament referred to the children of Israel “murmuring” for 40 years in the wilderness. Do not grumble, but be thankful. Put a smile on your face and praise God. All the promises of God are positive.
Farmer Jones drove his big old farm wagon to market with a portion of his bumper crop of potatoes. Someone complimented him on all the great crop of potatoes he had harvested. His reply was, “Yeah, but not one rotten one to feed the hogs.”
Ever hear of that old hymn of the church, “Great is Thy Faithfulness?” His faithfulness is everlasting!