And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
- Free at last – One day we can say, “The accuser can no longer accuse. The deceiver can no longer deceive. Revelation speaks of a future time, but even now, the resurrected Christ has put us in a right relation to Himself through the cross.
Romans 8:33 – Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect [when it is] God Who justifies [that is, Who puts us in right relation to Himself? Who shall come forward and accuse or impeach those whom God has chosen? Will God, Who acquits us?]
- We sing, “This is the day that the Lord has made.” But we also can sing, “This is the week of the devil’s defeat.” Not some far off, distant time, but NOW.
2 Corinthians 15:7 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new
- You are a new creation – if you have been to the cross and Christ is even NOW pleading your cause.
Romans 8:34 – Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
- The devil is defeated already and he knows it. But, do you know it? He is counting that you do not really realize he is defeated. That you think he has more power than you do. He does have more power than you do by yourself, but with Christ, you can defeat him. The same power Jesus gave to the disciples, He gives to us.
Matthew 28:18 – And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth
Luke 9:1 – Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.
1 John 4:4 – You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- How we overcome
- By the blood of the Lamb
- By the word of our testimony
Revelation 12:11 – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- Importance of our praising the Lord and sharing our testimony of what God has done for us. Satan does not want us to praise the Lord. He does not want us to be an overcomer.
- When Satan comes at you like a cockroach, just turn “on the light” on him and he will run for cover just like an old cockroach. If he does not run and take cover when you turn the light on him, just stomp him into the ground with “your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel.”
- When Satan tries to remind you of your past – remind him of his future.
- Satan is like an old mop – all wet and dirty. But you are made clean through the Word and the Holy Spirit
- Satan is like an old junky car on the way to the dump. It makes all kinds of noise as you travel along. You wonder where you will end up and when you get there, you will not like it.
Zechariah 3:1-17 – Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?” Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel. Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.” And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the Lord stood by. Then the Angel of the Lord admonished Joshua, saying, “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘If you will walk in My ways, and if you will keep My command, then you shall also judge My house, And likewise have charge of My courts; I will give you places to walk among these who stand here.
- Through Jesus Christ, we are triumphant. We can be like John Geddie who died as a missionary on a South Seas island. On his tombstone was written: “When he got here, there were no Christians. When he died, there were no sinners.
What are you doing for Christ?