Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Be diligent, keep the faith, hold steady, keep on keeping on. The end is in sight, keep your eyes on the goal, the race is almost run. Hear what God is speaking to us through His Word. Note the signs of the times (but the real signs are as stated in God’s Word
Speculation is constantly going on about the end of the world.
- Planets lining up – What does the Word say?
- False prophets saying this and that – What does the Word say?
- Apocalyptic (end time) teachers and groups and movies – What does the Word say?
Be diligent, careful, watch out, be on guard. The Bible is our sole source. Any other source must line up with the Word of God. “You know not the day nor the hour.”
Matthew 24 gives us Jesus words to His disciples about the end time.
- Verses 3-14 – Signs of the time and the end of the Age.
- Verses 15-28 – The Great Tribulation
- Verses 29-31 – The Coming of the Son of Man
- Verses 32-35 – Parable of the Fig Tree
- Verses 36 – No one knows the day nor the hour
- Verses 37 – As it was in the days of Noah (eating, drinking, marriage, violence)
- Verse 44 – KEY – Be ready!!!
Many of the Scriptures telling about end times (Matthew 24, Daniel, Revelation) are difficult to understand. They are open to a lot of various interpretations. In all of the Scriptures we can read, it comes down to this final analysis.
- Be watchful – Be careful what you get involved in that you are not totally consumed and lose sight of the time and lose your vision.
- Be holy – “Be holy as I am holy.” No clothesline doctrine, no manmade rituals, no rules. Just ask yourself “Should I or would I do this, go there, say this if Jesus Christ Himself was with me. Well, he is.
- Be ready – Be forgiving, be without sin, be like Christ.
- Have the fruit of the Spirit in your life
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Put on the whole armor of God.
Ephesians 6:10-14 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness
Ephesians 6:17 – And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Hebrews 4:12 – For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The Word of the Spirit – the Word of God –