Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so:
THE CHRISTIAN’S MAIN RESOLUTION: Forgetting sin and moving forward in the power of His strength and might by the power of His shed blood within us and the Holy Spirit within and upon us.
Simply say NO to sin and YES to God!
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson, Poet
- What is on the inside of us that will stand the test of time?
- You cannot expect to reap a harvest if you have kept the seed in the barn.
- If you lay down with the dogs at night, don’t expect to get up without fleas.
- If you run with the goats on Saturday night don’t expect to smell like a sheep on Sunday morning.
- We always have time for the things we put first. What about the things of God? They are first priority.
Switzerland originally was a part of the German Confederation/Holy Roman Empire, and along with Luxemburg and Lichtenstein are the only three countries that remain intact as countries from WW I. (I say this about that little bit of world history….they too shall pass away but there is a kingdom that shall never pass away.) They had proclaimed neutrality. They remained nations because they did not have to choose sides. We must, however, choose sides – to live for God or face eternity in a devil’s hell.
Our religious/spiritual neutrality is threatened whenever someone we know well takes spiritual commitment seriously and refuses any longer to play hide-and-seek with the living God.
GET THIS IF YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS MESSAGE – Lethargic, complacent, lukewarm, pew-warming Christians will be expelled from God’s presence.
Revelations 3:16 – So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
- Revelation 3:16 NU-Text and M-Text read hot nor cold.
If we as INDIVIDUALS, BELIEVERS, FAMILIES, A CHURCH, A BODY OF BELIEVERS, are going to do something for Christ that will make a difference…the time is NOW. NOW. NOW.
- You think about that and try to fit it into your schedule
- You think about that and try to squeeze it in to your routine, your day, your calendar
- It really isn’t too convenient you think to yourself
It was not convenient for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to leave His Father and home in heaven and come to this earth, live as a man while yet being God in the flesh.
- for Him to take the stripes upon His back…
- for Him to have His beard plucked out…
- for him to be spat upon, to be jeered at, to be ridiculed, and to be tried as a criminal…
- for Him to have the crown thrust violently upon His head…
- for Him to have nails driven into His hands and feet.
- for Him to be crucified and have all the world turn against Him.
But, He did.
He did for you and for me.
How dare we even think of looking at our calendar or schedule and debate within ourselves about whether or not we can fit in something God is calling us to do? How dare we! We all should be ashamed for we are all guilty of neglecting to do some thing God has called upon us to do. Maybe it just isn’t convenient.
THE TIME IS NOW TO ACT….THE SONG SAYS…
Souls are crying, men are dying,
Won’t you lead them to the cross?
Go out and win,
Rescue from sin,
Day’s almost done,
Low sinks the sun.
Souls are crying, men are dying
Win the lost at any cost!